Friday 12 November 2010

The People I meet on the Street « Streetphotography's Weblog

So I’m in Boston, had cause to visit Borders on Washington, and I hear someone say: Oy Vay…… Same ol same ol… I look to my left and I see this man walking alongside. For those who may not know, Oy Vay is a lovely Jewish expression that probably translates to OMG inflicted with an element of surprise!!! ( I have lived and heard and learnt this, Already!!) Same old same old thing!! This wad his reaction to people flicking though magazines, browsing.
We immediately get talking, jokes, politics, economy, business opportunities, marriage, divorce, money, Israel, palestinians, our own COA’s ( certificates of origin ), Fashion ( he boater that the $500 Jacket he was wearing was bought at Filene’s for Much less, and I won’t mention how much) and Jackie Mason whom I said he reminds me off ( by which time my daughter who lives in FL rejoins us with a CD in her hand) and we’re already taking about nice husbands!!! Jackie Mason he cried!!! Nahhhh he said! I don’t like him!! He’s jokes are too much!! Too Jewish I asked!! I don’t know he replied…..too much!! He was a rabbi did you know!!! Yes I said. In fact I met in in NYC and tool his picture! And what’s your name, I asked?? Oiving!!! OiVing i said!! If ain’t that a give away he laughed!!! It’s spelt I R V I N G! Godda go. My 10 minute friend! The people I meet on the street!!

This entry was posted on November 12, 2010 at 11:39 pm and is filed under Art, Boston MA, Fashion, Photography, Street, Street Fashion, Street Photography, TIMES, TV, digital, image democracy, portrait, streetphotography with tags , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Posted via email from projectbrainsaver