Vacancy: Human Rights Adviser
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE):
Human Rights Adviser
Senior Professional, Human Rights
Vacancy number: VNODIS00322
Duty station: Warsaw, Poland
Apply by: 11/17/11
View the job description:
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: www.paegroup.com/career-react by November 17. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates before the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- University degree in law, political science, international relations, or social sciences, specialization in human rights. Master’s degree in international human rights law strongly preferred.
- At least six years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of human rights including experience at the international level in an advisory function.
- Significant experience in developing and implementing capacity building activities.
- Sound knowledge and/or experience of working with national human rights institutions strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of UN, Council of Europe and OSCE human rights standards.
- Experience of designing and implementing projects.
- In-depth knowledge of human rights monitoring and reporting methodology and practice.
- Ability and willingness to deploy to the field, sometimes on short notice, for different types of monitoring missions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Knowledge of Russian and/or other OSCE working languages desirable.
Only US citizens should apply through PAE-REACT. Citizens of other OSCE participating States should apply through their respective foreign ministries.
The full requirements and job description can be found at:
Friday, 11 November 2011
Vacancy: Human Rights Adviser | LinkedIn