hot dog! permies.com is now the largest permaculture site on the internet!
Most folks are looking for the full collection of permaculture forums. Within that there is the permaculture forum and forums on green building, organic / sustainable practices, woodland care, homestead and more. Some of the topics include:
- grow tomatoes without irrigation or fertilizer
- greenhouse suck factor
- what is a permaculture design course?
- what is permaculture?
- electric tractor
- simple trellis for green beans
- eating nettles - video on harvesting
- ram pump
- underground housing
- women peeing outdoors
- the wheaton eco scale
- how do I fix a leaking pond
- Gley technique for sealing ponds and dams .... and walls?
- Planning on growing a hedge/living fence
- once a month basic-H as an animal wormer
- masanobu fukuoka
- the trouble with hawkweed
- french drain pipe - not for water from above?
- tree bog vs. dry outhouse
Shortcut to the forum for missoula. Some of the topics include:
- missoula garden no longer needs irrigation
- missoula farmers market
- missoula farm list
- missoula good food store
- organic restaurant in missoula
- missoula federal credit union
- Missoula Urban Demonstration (MUD) Project
- UM FLAT student demonstration home
I also have a Missoula blog.
- The mighty, the glorious, the amazing, Sepp Holzer and my notes on my advanced permaculture training with him
- Heat your home with five to ten times less wood by using rocket mass heaters
- No more chicken poop, eliminate the cost of chicken feed and leave for up to ten days of vacation without worrying about chickens
- A little knowledge can give you a cast iron skillet that will be non stick and last hundreds of years
- Less work and less money for lawn care
- You can eat diatomaceous earth but it instantly kills bed bugs, fleas and all bugs
- Don't panic! flea control can be organic and freaky cheap
- shipping container house - insulated, cheap and super quick
- Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski on wildcrafting nettles plus a little about bone healing herbs
- cobville tour
- 500 hot showers from one small compost pile
- hot water via wood, solar and micro hydro
- demo of frying eggs on a cast iron skillet
- several Sepp Holzer videos
- several videos of Mike Oehler and his structures
- several rocket mass heater videos
- lots more!
Finally, one calendar with all of the local events, managed by a human being!
We now have obnoxious loot! Mugs and tshirts ... and coffee art!
Links, resources, friends, etc.
Monday, 14 November 2011
Permies: goofballs that are nuts about permaculture