Tuesday 25 January 2011

Marital Abuse Poem 1997 - projectbrainsaver

Click to view link
Download full size (9 KB)
Image via Wikipedia "So", said the husband,
pulling on his hair,
"I'm the malformed, stunted one.
Well. I must declare"!

The row was in full spate by now.
Neither side would budge
from their intransigent positions
on the over-hanging bluffs.

The cannons and the rifles,
the snipers, rank by rank,
shot their load repeatedly....
Bloodied, but unbowed,
the male staggered on-

just then the interruption came-
the sodding telephone.

"YES!" he yomped precariously.
Did he care a sod
who knew what was happening
on his worldly plot?

"Yes?" he questioned, softer now.
The silence was profound.

"Hi Mate. Is she there?"

Now the row was crowned.

"Your boyfriend wants to chat you up!"
He then slammed down the phone,
"Well, he can fucking have you!"
The final seed was sown.

Stopping in full spate
she leapt to talk to him.
The fight was near forgotten
at the thought of this good friend.

"Hello. how's things?"
"Oh. So so".
"I Heard. Why don't you just leave?"
"I wish I knew that answer.
I thing I must be weird."
"You’re not weird. It's him.
I always said he was.
He's an ignorant old pillock.
You should give him the shove."

"TELL HIM HE CAN HAVE YOU!
TELL HIM HE'S A SHIT!
TELL HIM HE CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!
TELL HIM THIS IS IT!
TELL HIM TO COME AND GET YOU!"

"Should I?"

"TELL HIM ITS BLOODY TYPICAL.
STICKING HIS NOSE IN!"

"Shall I come and get you?"
"You know the mood he's in.
If you turned up he'd kill you.
He doesn't understand..."

The wire came from the socket.
The phone went really dead.

"I'M SICK AND TIRED OF TRYING TO TALK
WHEN ALL YOU WANT IS HIM!
DON'T TELL HIM I'M STUPID!"
"I didn't".
"YOU MIGHT HAVE WELL AS DONE.
He doesn't understand" he mocked
"He doesn't understand.
Who the hell are you to say
what is in my mind?"
"As the ONLY woman in my life
I think you must be blind.
All the times I've told you
of the thoughtful things I do
and all that you can think of
is who you want to screw!
Well, FUCK OFF. GO ON
FUCK OFF. I've had enough of you!"

The lady felt so useless.
Alone and all but spent.
No energy to carry on.
She really should have left.
But something kept her there.
Abuse still in her ears.
Through all the pain and anguish.
Through all the sickening fears.
She still felt the love she had
for him for all those years.

His whirlwind of anger spent.
Drained of every ounce.
He sat there so silently.
His inside head was mush.

He heard the kettle clicking on.
He heard the sound of cups
He, faintly, heard her asking
what he'd like to drink.
His head was fucked up badly
he just couldn't think a thing.
All the ugly words he'd said
had made that inside ring
that stopped him knowing what to think
about any sodding thing.

Tea came.

Time cooled down.

He wanted her so badly.....

but he couldn't ask her now.

The children were in bed.
The night was drawing on.

He slept on the sofa...

a new row was coming on.

Related articles by Zemanta

Posted via email from projectbrainsaver