- 11 days agoImplanted Buprenorphine Delivery Device May Help Fight Addiction to Heroin, Prescription Pain RelieversA recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association reports on the efficacy of a new experimental implanted medication-delivery device which is designed for the treatment of opioid addiction.
- 11 days agoUS FDA Approves Naltrexone Formulation to Combat Opioid AddictionRecent Associated Press story reports the US FDA has approved a Naltrexone formulation for opioid addiction.
- 18 days agoINCB President addresses 4th African Union Conference of Ministers for Drug Control and Crime Prevention, October 2010International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) President Prof. Hamid Ghodse, accompanied by the Secretary of the Board, Mr. Jonathan Lucas, addressed the Fourth Session of the African Union Conference of Ministers for Drug Control and Crime Prevention.
- 18 days ago2010 UNODC World Drug Report: A Response from the International Drug Policy Consortium, September 2010A report issued by the IDPC providing an overview and analysis of the contents of the 2010 UNODC World Drug Report and highlights a number of key issues of interest and concern.
- 18 days agoNeedless Pain: Government Failure to Provide Palliative Care for Children in Kenya, September 2010A report by Human Rights Watch highlighting that most Kenyan children with diseases such as cancer or HIV/AIDS are unable to get palliative care or pain medicines.
- 18 days agoCancer doctors pledge to widen access to pain relief in developing countries, August 2010A BMJ news article highlighting the efforts of the Global Access to Pain Relief Initiative (GAPRI), a strategy launched at the World Cancer Congress, by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
- 18 days agoThe Politics of Pain, August 2010Author Tatum Anderson explores the history of international treaties, stigma, and fear that have created a low demand.